Have you ever played around with a recipe before and the whole time you’re making it you’re thinking, “Oh my lawd, this is probably going to be horrible. There’s NO WAY this is going to turn out well AND be edible. I could seriously be wasting precious, organic ingredients on a ‘let’s hope’ it turns out and tastes good!” Well… A miracle happened and these babies turned out to be one of my most favorite brownie recipes – EVER!They’re fudgy, a little gooey, and oh SO chocolatey! Please don’t get turned off by the fact that they’re gluten free, soy free, paleo, AND vegan. They are FULL of chocolatey goodness that will turn a bad day into a good day after just one bite! You can eat these babies guilt free knowing exactly what’s in them –> there are zero secrets when you bake from scratch! 🙂
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour… If a recipe calls for all-purpose flour, 9 times out of 10 you can use this and it will turn out beautifully! I love using it for my cupcakes/cakes. And when I make Gaby pancakes each week I use this flour too. Now. Let’s move on to the recipe. It takes about 10 minutes to throw together and in another 25-30 minutes you’ll have a pan of brownies waiting for you to EAT! Make sure to let them cool before you cut them… trust me on this!
The BEST Vegan & Gluten Free Brownies EVER!!!
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper. (I like for the parchment paper to come up two of the sides so it’s easy to pull out.) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the sugar, almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix this together really well and let it sit long enough to allow the sugar to dissolve. (About 5 minutes.)
- Now, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Your batter will be SUPER thick. Fear not. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. I put a little oil on my hand and pressed the batter into the pan. If you don’t want the brownies to be fudgy, bake a little longer. Let the brownies completely cool before slicing.
- EAT YOUR HEART OUT! 🙂