Happy Monday!!! 🙂 I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I have a super delicious and extremely healthy SALAD for you to start your week off with!!! I’ve had this salad on repeat in my house for the last 2 weeks. I can’t stop eating it… I love it so much!!! It’s a perfect “Meatless Monday” dinner… or a perfect lunch throughout the week. Should you want a little meat on yours it would be a simple week night dinner that would seriously take very little time preparing. We eat a ton of quinoa around here. It’s a healthy grain that is so versatile and tastes good in just about anything. I’m always searching for new ways to use quinoa in recipes. I love it so much better than rice… AND…. it’s so good in helping to keep you full longer – which is always a good thing! 😉 Now, go make this salad and make your tummy happy!
I also have another salad that’s similar to this one if you’re a BEET lover like me! Click here !!!
Mediterranean Spinach Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette
Super Delicious and Healthy Summertime Salad.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked organic quinoa
- 3 – 4 cups chopped organic spinach
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- a handful of chopped parsley
- feta sprinkled all over the top – should you please!
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Throw ALL of the salad ingredients EXCEPT for the feta into a big mixing bowl.
- Whisk the Lemon Vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl – then pour over the salad ingredients.
- Divide the salad into bowls and garnish with the feta cheese.
- If you’re making this for an entree salad, add a protein on top for a perfect and healthy dinner!