OMG! We just bought a new couch and I cannot tell you how EXCITED we are to get it next week!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 The couch we have now was bought for staging purposes (while our condo is/was on the market) and is quite possibly one of the most uncomfortable couches in the entire world. I know. That sounds so dramatic. But seriously. It’s awful. So, since we’ve swallowed a BIG “this condo may not sell anytime soon” pill, we’ve decided to make our condo a HOME instead of living in this uninviting, impersonal space and I could not be more excited!!! If only I was a good decorator… Anybody know a good home decorator that can come give me some pointers?! I don’t know why, but I really missed out on the decorating gene. I’m terrible at it. I know what I like and what I don’t like, but I have no idea how to put things together to make it look chic and classy. Don’t even get me started on hanging pictures. I’m the worst. Please send help!!!
Ok, enough about my inability to decorate… Let’s talk about this SALAD!!! I may be a little biased, but it’s delish. And because I put potatoes AND quinoa on it, I felt it kept me full a LOT longer. Don’t be afraid to eat healthy carbs, people. If you’re not eating meat (like me!), quinoa is a great source of protein. And who doesn’t just love a potato?! We eat a ton of veggies around here and this salad is like a veggie explosion! And it’s SO good for you. I made a Lemon Vinaigrette to drizzle over everything at the end and to me – it was perfection! I hope you’ll love it, too! Let me know if you try it!!! Oh, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @LoveBakeEat 🙂 <3
Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Salad
A hearty and satisfying salad. Full of roasted veggies and fresh quinoa that will keep you full and so so happy!
Ingredients for the Quinoa:
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 – 2 tsp kosher salt
- chopped parsley
Ingredients for the Roasted Veggies:
- 3 – 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, small diced
- 3 – 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 purple onion cut into rings or wedges
- 3 – 4 handfuls of fresh organic spinach
Ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (2 – 3 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic, optional
- 1 – 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 – 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay the veggies out, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender (the time will depend on how big or small you cut your veggies.) If the onion cooks quicker than the potatoes, just take it off once it looks golden!
- In a medium sided saucepan (with a lid), add the quinoa, water/broth and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and put the lid on. The quinoa should cook within 15 – 20 minutes. Once it’s done, I lay it out on a sheet pan to cool for a few minutes. Then sprinkle with parsley to make it pretty! The goal is for everything to be done right around the same time!
- While everything is cooking and roasting, make the dressing. I use a big measuring cup to add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to and whisk away until it emulsifies. Taste the dressing and season accordingly. Set aside until everything is ready.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the spinach and drizzle as much (or as little) of the Lemon Vinaigrette on top. I used my fingers to mix it all up. You can layer everything on top of the spinach or separate it out (like I did). Serve immediately and EAT!