Who needs a NEW salad recipe?! It’s hearty, full of flavor, and loaded with delicious vegetables! I hope you’re as excited as I am about this! 😉I know traditional Nicoise Salads have tuna, but I wanted to keep this vegan. So, I added my own little touch with some of my favorite veggies and a homemade Lemon Vinaigrette instead of just olive oil. If you want to keep it traditional, add some tuna on top!
Now, I sliced my potatoes pretty thin for quick cooking, but feel free to cut yours however you’d like. Quartered, diced, or sliced… I love a potato no matter how it’s cut! I used the same pan as my potatoes to saute the green beans in, too. I love an easy clean up! If you don’t have enough oil in your pan from the potatoes, add a little bit more for the beans. I love a crispy green bean, so I only sauteed mine for a couple of minutes… be sure to keep pan moving! Enjoy with a glass of wine… It’s Friday after all! 🙂
Vegan Nicoise Salad
A perfect entree salad for lunch or dinner full of fresh veggies and a homemade lemon vinaigrette!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced, quartered, or halved
- 1 cup green beans, washed, trimmed, and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 5 – 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated, optional
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot. Once it’s hot, add the potatoes and cook until golden brown. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In the same pan as the potatoes, saute the green beans for 2 – 3 minutes. (I like my green beans to be crispy. If you like a softer green bean, cook longer.) Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, prepare the Lemon Vinaigrette in a small bowl. Whisk all of the ingredients together. Drizzle as little or as much on the romaine. Mix all of the vegetables together in a mixing bowl, drizzle a little more of the vinaigrette over the veggies.
- Serve immediately and EAT!