Kale and sweet potatoes are by far one of my most favorite things to eat. They are rich in wonderful vitamins for your body and super healthy for you. We eat a ton of kale around here… this is one of the many ways we eat it throughout a busy week.Depending on how thick you cut your potatoes will be dependent on how long it takes this salad to come together. I don’t like to cut mine too terribly thin, so it took mine about 20 minutes to roast. Get everything else together while the potatoes roast and this salad comes together in a jiffy!
The sky is the limit on your toppings… I just throw whatever veggies I have hanging out in my fridge. You know I love to eat the rainbow! Lately, I’ve been sauteing my kale, but I do like it raw, too. If you don’t have kale on hand, spinach or any other leafy green will work for this salad as well. I hope you’ll love this as much as we do! <3
Sweet Potato and Kale Salad
- 1 large sweet potato, halved and sliced into rounds
- 5 cups of kale, raw or sauteed
- Optional veggies:
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced purple onion
- handful or two of pumpkin seeds ( I love these on my salads for extra crunch!)
- dried cranberries
- Maple Tahini Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it down with non-stick spray.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out on the prepared pan and roast until fork tender. The time varies depending on how thick you cut the potato. The thinner you slice, the quicker the cooking time!
- While your potatoes are roasting, cut up your veggies and prepare the dressing. I like to keep a jar of this dressing in my fridge for the sake of time.
- I’ve been on a sauteed kale kick lately… but if you want yours raw, leave it raw! This part is totally on you!
- Once your potatoes are done, build your salad and EAT!!!