Some may say I bake an awful lot… and perhaps that’s true! I love it. What can I say? It’s my therapy from time to time when I’m not doing yoga or going shopping! There are very few things in life that help me relax like baking does. So, I do it as often as needed. Weird. I know, but it makes a lot of people happy around here! Continue reading “Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Nothing says Christmas like gingerbread cookies! I love the way my house smells when I bake anything gingerbread. Whether it’s cookies, brownies, or some kind of bread your kitchen will smell ahhhh-mazzzzzzinggggg!!!! Continue reading “Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Cookies”
I don’t know about you, but I’m a firm believer that peanut butter and chocolate go perfectly together! For me, these cookies were just that. Perfection. Soft and a little chewy on the inside. YUM! Continue reading “GF and Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies”
Okay, so these cookies aren’t exactly “Paleo”…BUT…they are gluten free, and even better than that, they’re SO delicious!!! If you love a soft and chewy cookie, you’re going to LOVE these babies! Add whatever nut or dried fruit you like best and please don’t forget the chocolate! I just made these last night and I’m pretty sure we’ll be snacking on these all weekend long!
Give yourself 10 minutes to throw the ingredients together and 10-12 minutes to bake them…THEN…eat them up!!! Your belly will thank you!!! 🙂
Yields: 16-18 cookies, depending on how big you make yours…and…how much of the batter you eat before baking! I can’t help it, I LOVE cookie batter!!! 🙂
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life’s Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside until cookie batter is ready!
- Cream together butter and sugar. (I was lazy and didn’t want to pull out my big kitchen aid, so I used a whisk. Use whatever works for you!) Add the eggs and continue mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt). Whisk together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into butter/sugar/egg mixture. Add the apple sauce and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the raisins, chocolate, and pecans.
- I like to use a small ice cream scooper to measure out my cookies. Feel free to use whatever you prefer!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve! I hope you love these as much as I do!