This recipe is super easy, super healthy, and super delicious!
- 1 pound of Haricot Vert (French Green Beans), washed and trimmed
- 1/2 onion, diced or sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
1. In a saute pan, add olive oil and butter over medium-medium high heat. Melt together and add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and add bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add haricot vert and stock. Personally, I like my haricot vert still a little bit crunchy. I LOATHE over-cooked green beans!!! But these are for you, so cook them to your desired consistency. 5-10 minutes over medium heat. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper!