Y’all I’m so EXCITED I can barely stop smiling!!! I posted a blueberry muffin blog last weekend where I used Hodgson Mill whole wheat flour… I heard about this flour through my Big Daddy. We’re very much into all things organic, non-GMO, little to no processed foods, etc… I bought this flour a while back, but never made anything with it until last weekend. My blueberry muffins came out wonderfully so I decided to make some Banana Nut Bread this week…
Little did I know that today would be the day I was going to get TWEETED at, FAVORITED, and FOLLOWED by Hodgson Mill for using their flour in my recipe!!! I seriously couldn’t believe it.. I’m still in awe and so happy! I think Omar might have been just a little bit more excited 🙂 I’m so incredibly thankful to have a man in my life that encourages me, loves me, and gets just as excited about the little things that happen to me. He’s my biggest cheerleader in that oh so masculine way! This blog wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for him… I love that man!
If you’re interested in learning more about NOT eating foods with GMOs, check this site out:
Ok, enough talk… Here’s this scrumptious recipe!
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned quick cooking oats
- 1 cup honey OR organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 – 3 cups pecans, chopped (I do realize that’s a really BIG measurement of nuts… I used 1.5 cups, but Big Daddy would’ve put a minimum of 3 cups 🙂 It’s totally up to you!)
- 3 bananas, 2 mashed and 1 chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
3. In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
4. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in your bananas and pecans.
5. Mix well until combined.
6. Spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to see if it’s done 🙂
7. Slice it up and serve it with a little pat of butter and maybe a drizzle of honey! Enjoy! It’s a bread you can eat guilt free!!!