I’ve had carbs – WHITE – carbs for EVERY SINGLE MEAL today. Thank God I only had two meals. Oatmeal pancakes for breakfast… that were totally not worth the calories… AND… pizza for dinner. I will admit the pizza was totally worth the calories. It was delish, I’m not gonna lie. So… Because I started my day off eating really bad, I ended the day with a Paleo dessert in hopes that it would make me feel better about my poor eating (and drinking) binge today.
If you love a Reese cup, you’re going to LOVE these little nuggets of absolute goodness!
Here’s my somewhat healthier version of a Reese cup… Enjoy!
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 – 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips, melted (You can also use the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
1. In a double boiler, melt your chocolate.
2. While the chocolate melts, add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and stir it up until well combined.
3. Get out your mini-muffin pan and start adding the almond butter mixture to each little cup, about half way full. Don’t spray the pan with nonstick spray.
4. Once your chocolate is completely melted add a little dab to the top of each butter cup.
5. Put the mini-muffin pan in the freezer for at least 30 – 60 minutes. After they’re firm you can pop them out with a paring knife, put them on a pretty plate, and serve! Keep them refrigerated if you don’t eat them all at once…