Sunday morning brunch time!
If you have friends or family coming for a little visit and you want something elegant, yummy, and healthy to serve them, you’ve gotta try this recipe out! In case you’re not too familiar with a frittata, it’s a lot like a quiche, minus the crust, and it’s baked in the oven instead of on the stove top. Add your favorite ingredients to it and voila! You’ve got meal that’s sure to please everyone at your next brunch!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 6 oz package of baby bella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp fresh herbs (I used Rosemary, Thyme, and Oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- beef or pork bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you’re using bacon, go ahead and get this cooking, chopped, and set to the side until you’re ready for it.
2. Start caramelizing the onions in the olive oil on medium heat in a cast iron (oven safe) skillet. Once the onions have begun to soften, add the garlic. Make sure you stir this often so the garlic doesn’t burn. Continue cooking about 15 minutes or until your onions have caramelized.
3. In a large bowl, whisk your eggs, coconut milk, and fresh herbs (and bacon) together. Set aside.
4. When the onions are almost done, add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Then pour the egg mixture on top of the onions and mushrooms. Don’t stir! Immediately put the skillet in the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs have set.
5. Slice it and serve it with your favorite breakfast side dish!