Over the last year that I’ve been on the Paleo diet, one of the HARDEST things I’ve had to get used to is ALMOND FLOUR! Oh my gosh, I’ll never forget the first time I tried to make some Paleo muffins… I thought they were the worst thing I had ever made before in my life. What is this dry, crumbly, nasty tasting bread I just made?! BUT… Over the last few months, I’ve been experimenting, figuring out what works, what doesn’t, and that apple sauce in anything BAKED tastes SO much better!!!
So…here’s a new bread I tried out this week. If you love chocolate and raspberries, I’m pretty sure you’re going to love this bread! I had some for breakfast this morning… It’s so good warmed up in a skillet with a little melted butter and toasted!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar or honey
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, halved and tossed in 1 tbsp almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar (or honey) and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the apple sauce, coconut milk, and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moist. Don’t over-mix it.
Stir in the chocolate chips and then gently stir in the raspberries. If you want, you can sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips and raspberries on the top to make it look pretty.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.