I don’t know about you, but I LOVE BREAKFAST foods. Like…really, really, really LOVE them! Pancakes and waffles are my absolute favorite to eat, but since we’ve been doing Paleo, pancake and waffle carbs haven’t been something we eat very often at all anymore… UNTIL NOW!!!
I can’t even tell you how many “Paleo” pancake recipes I’ve tried and absolutely hated, so I was a bit skeptical making these. I wish I could take credit for them, but if I’m completely honest, the only thing different I did with these to make them ‘my own’ was adding blueberries to them. I vaguely remember life before Pinterest… I find some of the BEST recipes on there!!! 🙂
Omar and I went to a blueberry farm out in the country over the weekend… You could either pick them yourself OR pay an extra $4 and they would have them picked, cleaned, and bagged for you. Naturally, we opted for option 2. We bought 2 gallons of these delicious babies! I had to throw a few in my pancakes!
So… Here’s what you’re going to need for these oh so good pancakes:
Yield: 12-14 Pancakes (depending on how big you make yours)
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (I used the original kind. I don’t like the unsweetened milk. Use whatever you fancy!)
- 3-4 tbsp honey (sweeten according to your liking)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries (I like a lot of blueberries)
- butter or coconut oil for greasing the pan
1. In a medium size bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together and whisk until well incorporated.
2. In another bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet. Make sure there are no lumps. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Heat up your skillet on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add some butter or coconut oil, let it melt, then ladle some of the batter into the skillet to make your pancakes. After it has cooked for 3 or 4 minutes and it looks bubbly on top, FLIP IT! Cook for another 3 minutes or so.
5. Serve with maple syrup and eat it up!