I’m not really sure what to call this recipe… It’s basically the whole kitchen sink thrown into a skillet and cooked to absolute perfection! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! For me, there’s nothing better than sleeping in as late as I want, wake up, make a pot of coffee, and cook a delicious breakfast. I LOVE IT! Omar and I had brunch yesterday that wasn’t so healthy, so I decided this morning we needed to start the day off with some fresh veggies and a little meat. I had some veggies that needed to be eaten, so I threw it all in a skillet with some kielbasa and we devoured it! 🙂
Here’s what I did and what I used to make this healthy little Paleo breakfast:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 links of kielbasa, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped (I took the skin off)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- handful of sliced mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2-3 vine-riped tomatoes, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in Adobo, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Before you start cooking, chop up all your veggies.
This is the sausage I used. Feel free to use your favorite!
2. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Let it get hot, then add the kielbasa and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Then add the sweet potatoes. I let this saute for 8-10 minutes. (I don’t like my sweet potatoes to be mushy, cook this to your preference.)
3. Add onions and bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and maple syrup. Cook until your mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 more minutes.
5. TASTE and season with salt and pepper accordingly. Stir all the ingredients together really well and let it simmer on low heat until you’re ready to EAT! Serve this with your favorite fruit and eggs… and enjoy a deliciously colorful and healthy breakfast!
This picture probably would’ve looked a lot better if I had made a fried egg instead, but I’m a scrambled egg kinda girl… so that’s what I made!