Once September gets here I start going pumpkin and apple crazy… I love anything pumpkin. Fall is my favorite time of year! The days get a little cooler…except in Alabama…not till about November, but whatever. The trees start changing colors. Hoodies and boots are back…football is back… Ahhh! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!
So, I was in a pumpkin mood this evening and decided to make some muffins. These are seriously the EASIEST muffins you’ll ever make. And they’re delicious and healthy! It takes all but 10 minutes to prep these babies…
Here’s what you’re going to do:
Yields: 12 muffins
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp honey
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Throw everything in a mixing bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer with a paddle attachment) and mix it up on medium speed until it’s well incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
2. Line your muffin tin with liners OR spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray. Whatever you prefer.
3. Use an ice cream scoop or a big spoon and fill your muffin tin about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. While your muffins bake, make the glaze in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes and then drizzle the top of each muffin with the glaze.
6. EAT!!! This is a great breakfast or afternoon snack served with a delicious cup of coffee!!!