I must start this blog off by saying this: My brother and sister have the MOST adorable babies EVER!!! Oh my gosh y’all don’t even understand the cuteness of these babies. I look at their precious little faces and think, “OMG! I will love you forever and ever and give you whatever you want!!!” …And then they start arguing or crying and I politely give them back to their owners. 🙂 In all seriousness though, seeing them have the most gorgeous babies in the whole wide world (said the totally unbiased Auntie Whit) makes me so nervous to have my own. I’m the oldest in this crazy family I so dearly love and I’m the last one to produce offspring. (IF that happens.) I’ll be completely honest… I go through my seasons of “Ohhhhh, I want a baby!!!” and “Ohhhhh, no. I’m good. Y’all keep having the kids. I’ll just be traveling with my man and being the fun Auntie that spoils the kids!!!”
My brother and his wife just had the most gorgeous baby boy. I’m missing home this week. So, I’m making comfort food. Yes, I’m emotionally eating. Thank God it’s healthy. It may not feel like fall in South Florida right now, but it smells like fall with these pumpkin brownies I just baked!!! I’m going to try not to eat the whole pan, but I’m not making any promises! THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!! I found this recipe on paleomg. I hate that I can’t take credit for this recipe because it is seriously one of the BEST Paleo pumpkin recipes I’ve made so far. Kudos to the chef! This is a recipe that should be in all recipe files!
Now get to baking!!! Your house will smell like fall and your belly will be so happy!!!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (I used enjoy life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw everything into a mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- EAT IT UP!!! Bet you can’t eat just one 🙂