I need chocolate. Like really, really, really NEED chocolate. I woke up CRAVING chocolate this morning and knew it was going to be one of those days. I made the nastiest Paleo brownies EVER last night. I was so disappointed. They were so bad my love wouldn’t even eat them. I threw a whole pan of brownies down the garbage disposal and threw that recipe away! I think that was my first time ever to have a Pinterest inspired recipe fail me. It was a sad night.
So, I decided to try something else today. I’ll be completely honest with you… These weren’t as rich or as chocolatey as I wanted, but they’re delicious nonetheless. I’m thinking that after I melt some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and completely smear each bite of brownie with melted chocolate, I’ll be in my happy place and all with my world will be right again. *BIG SIGH*
- 1 cup dates, pitted (depending on how big your dates are, you’ll need about 12-14)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- couple handfuls of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (optional)
- butter or coconut oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Puree dates in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to food processor and puree until smooth.
- Grease a 8×8 OR 9×9 inch pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting. EAT!