I LOVE WINGS. I’ve been craving wings for a couple of days now. So, because it’s Monday and we ALWAYS watch Monday Night Football, I made wings for dinner! I did not fry my wings… (feel free to fry yours if you want to)… I tried to keep this meal as healthy as possible, so I baked mine. I served my wings with a yummy salad and a homemade cilantro lemon-lime dressing. I really should have taken a picture of that dressing. It was SO GOOD! Enough chit-chat…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs organic chicken wings (pre-cut)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dry ground mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, prepare the dry Chipotle Seasoning Mix. Stir well to combine.
- Cover a 9×13 inch pan with foil. This is for easier clean-up. Coat the foil with olive oil or spray it with non-stick spray.
- Generously coat all sides of the wings with the Chipotle Seasoning Mix and put them in the pan.
- First, bake the wings for about 35 minutes.
- Next, baste the chicken wings with honey. (I just drizzled honey on the tops of each wing with a spoon.) Be careful…the honey will BURN on the bottom of the pan if you don’t keep an eye on it. I learned this the hard way. Thankfully my pan was lined with foil!
- Continue baking an additional 10 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and coat one more time with honey.
- Serve hot and add a side of celery and carrots if desired!
My pictures aren’t the best tonight…I was lacking creativity. Just know they taste amazing!