I’ve been making brownies a LOT lately. I’m on a quest to find the BEST Paleo brownies…AND…to be perfectly honest it just makes me feel better knowing I’m eating a “healthy” brownie when I have a chocolate craving. In my unbiased opinion, Ghirardelli brownies are THE BEST BROWNIES that come out of a box. With all that oil, added chocolate syrup my family adds to them, God only knows what preservatives and other terrible things they put in that box of yummy goodness, they’re just not the best thing to eat if you’re watching your figure and trying to stay that perfect size. If you’re like me, you can look at a brownie and gain 5 pounds. I so wish I was one of those naturally skinny girls. But I’m not. SO… I’m super excited to say that I’ve found a recipe that reminds me so much of those box brownies! Seriously, they’re delicious! They’re so good, I’m going to have to run a couple extra miles today. Because I might have eaten more than just one… Ahhhhh.
Go make the easiest, Paleo, box-like brownies ever!!!
- 2 ½ cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Milk, canned and full fat
- ⅔ cup Organic Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, plus a few more
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and then pour the batter into the pan. I sprinkled more chocolate chips on top of the batter. This is optional!
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Store brownies in a container in the fridge. These are delicious cold or hot!