I LOVE to eat this salad! Mainly because it’s super colorful AND crunchy! I love when my food is all different colors. Why? I don’t know? I just do! Pretty colors make me happy! Go make it! I promise you’ll be happy you did!
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 limes if they’re juicy)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl add: honey, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk ingredients together well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add all of the veggies and cilantro. Pour dressing on top. Use tongs to mix everything together well.
- Put the salad in the refrigerator and let it marinade together for at least 30 minutes. The longer it sits, the better it tastes! You could definitely make this the night before.