Sunday Brunch at home is probably one of my most favorite ways to spend a Sunday afternoon! It just doesn’t get much better than sleeping in as late as you want…making a pot of coffee…and making a delicious brunch for your love, friends, or family! Relax, rejuvenate, watch a little football, and enjoy a mimosa with a delicious and healthy meal!
- 2 tbsp fat (I used butter)
- 12 oz breakfast sausage (I used chicken sausage)
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 cups fresh kale or spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced, tossed in a little olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- garnish with tomatoes or avocado, optional
- feel free to add whatever veggies or meat you like. I used the veggies I had on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the breakfast sausage in a medium size skillet on medium heat until cooked through. A couple minutes before the breakfast sausage is completely cooked through, I added the onion and let it cook with the sausage for about 5 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk together. Then add all of your veggies, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture into a 9×13 inch pan (I buttered my pan) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve with a side of fruit and a mimosa and enjoy a wonderful brunch!