This recipe is a Pinterest find… OMG. It is AMAZING. I won’t lie. I was skeptical at first. There really haven’t been too many “paleo bread” recipes that I’ve made and REALLY loved. This one will go down in that little file in my head that says, “Make this again…and again…and again!” Actually, I think the next time I make this flatbread, I’m going to make a pizza out of it! YEP! But…tonight I used it to dip in the yummy soup I made for dinner. PLEASE do yourself a favor and MAKE THIS!!!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or whatever herb you want to use!)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- olive oil and salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a pizza stone or cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
- In a small sauce pan heat up the coconut milk and butter OR coconut oil. Don’t let this boil. You just want it to be warm.
- In a large bowl combine: tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt. Pour the milk mixture on top of the flour mixture. Stir it together and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Add the egg and stir until well combined.
- Carefully remove your pan or pizza stone from the oven. Cover the pan or stone with parchment paper (or foil…if you use foil, add a little olive oil to it so the batter doesn’t stick) and pour the mixture on top. Use your spatula to spread the batter evenly. Should be about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle rosemary and garlic on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (or a little bit longer if you want it to be crispy). When it comes out of the oven, garnish with a little bit of olive oil and kosher salt. Using the parchment paper, lift it out of the pan, lay it on a cutting board, and cut it up however you want…OR…make a pizza out of it! 🙂