I must admit… This was a thrown together breakfast hash I made for brunch today. There’s really no ‘recipe’. I just added a little bit of this and a little bit of that to a skillet, fried up a couple of eggs, and called it breakfast…depending on what time of day you’re eating, you may want to call it brunch! Feel free to add your favorite veggies and/or meat!
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1 medium size sweet potato, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs, cooked however you want
- handful of chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot. Add the sweet potatoes and let them cook 5-7 minutes. When they’re about half way cooked, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs to your preference.
- Right before you take the veggies off the heat, add the cilantro and stir well.
- Serve it up in a pretty bowl and top it with the eggs. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and be grateful for another day!