Today was the first time I’ve cooked ALL week long. The mister was away and I refused to cook a meal for just me. I did spend a couple of days with my in-law-to-be’s, so I was well fed! Thankfully, my love has returned and I’m back to cooking and blogging!!! I cooked his favorite food tonight…WILD SALMON! This might possibly be my favorite new salmon dish. It was so delish!
I love a meal that satisfies, fills you up, and doesn’t leave you feeling fat and bloated…and let’s not forget…salmon is super healthy for you! PLEASE DON’T BUY FARM RAISED SALMON. Make sure it’s WILD! Yes, it’s a little bit more expensive, but it’s worth it to me knowing that I’m not eating fish that’s been raised with GMOs, hormones, pesticides, and God only knows what else. If you’re lucky like I was, maybe your grocery store will have it on sale like mine did!
By they way, this is super quick and easy to make! I served my salmon with sauteed broccoli. Cook the broccoli at the same time as the salmon. It’ll all be done together! Ok, now here’s the recipe…
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1-1.5 lb wild salmon, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined, small diced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 heaping tbsp honey
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, add the Avocado Salsa ingredients, EXCEPT for the avocado. Don’t add the avocado until about 10 minutes before you’re ready to eat. Stir well and let the salsa refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the cumin, coriander, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper together. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the salmon.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat add the olive oil and butter. Let this melt and get hot. Add the salmon skin-side-down. Cook the salmon 2-3 minutes per side OR to the doneness you prefer.
- Take the salmon out of the skillet and add the avocado salsa to the top. EAT IT UP! You’re going to love it!