I LOVE CONDIMENTS. I think I’m slightly addicted to dipping EVERYTHING I eat into some kind of a sauce. Because I love condiments SO MUCH, I’ve decided to start making my own instead of buying them. This sauce is so good on absolutely ANYTHING!!! I’ve used in on chicken wings, baked chicken, and I’ve dipped sweet potato fries in it…DELICIOUS!!! If you don’t like too much spice, just omit the cayenne pepper…or maybe don’t add the full teaspoon.
Honest confession: I didn’t measure this BBQ sauce out to see exactly how much it makes. Forgive me! I would say it yields about 2 cups…??? If you’re making it for a big crowd, double it. If you’re just making it for 2-4 people, it’ll be plenty! We ate on this for a week straight…
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 – 6oz can organic tomato paste
- 1.5 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Dijon
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and whisk together. Bring this to a small bubble for about 5 minutes. It should thicken pretty fast.
- Simmer on low until ready for use…OR…let it completely cool and store it in a glass jar. Refrigerate until you’re ready to eat it.