I’ve been in a very uncreative funk lately… I don’t even know why? I’ve been cooking, but sadly nothing was blog worthy…until tonight when I made some DELICIOUS cornbread muffins. I got the recipe from my Every Last Crumb cookbook. I’m always skeptical when I make Paleo breads, but these turned out so much better than I thought they were going to! Being from the deep south, cornbread is one of those things that you have with most meals…especially when you have soups, stews, or collard greens!
I needed comfort food today, so I made my Kitchen Sink Chili with Mashed Cauliflower AND my new favorite, healthier version of cornbread. ENJOY!! Below are the links to my Kitchen Sink Chili recipe and my mashed cauliflower.
Yields: 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup Spectrum vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch or sweet potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp double-acting, aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners OR spray it with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together the shortening, honey, milk, and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut flour, starches, baking powder, guar gum, and salt until blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until all of it has been incorporated. Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and continue to mix until the batter is thoroughly blended.
- Spoon the batter into the lined cups, filling each about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store in a sealed bag or container at room temp, or freeze for a later time.