I’ve been needing something sweet to eat for days on end now… So, I finally caved in and made myself some Paleo Blondies. I love anything with almond butter. I’ve been known to eat it by the spoonfuls with a little drizzle of honey poured on top, served with a nice cold glass of almond milk. It’s weird. I know. But it’s my thing and it’s what I like to snack on every now and then.
These Blondies are a perfect balance of almond, chocolate, and if you use the almond butter with coconut… OMG…They are AMAZING. Crispy on the edges, soft in the middle…it just doesn’t get much better than that, people. Do yourself a favor and go make you some!
Yields: 9 blondies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter with cocoa and coconut (pictured below)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Throw all ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips into a blender. Blend away for about 15-20 seconds. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (the top will seem a bit soft, but will harden when cooled). Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Mine were crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle. Perfection!
Side Note: Feel free to use 1 whole cup of just almond butter. I am slightly addicted to the almond butter with cocoa and coconut, so I added 1/2 a cup of each instead of just using the regular kind. It gave these blondies a nice, but very subtle coconut flavor…along with the almond and chocolate! You just can’t go wrong with these!