Sometimes…….the ONLY thing that I want to eat is chocolate. Nothing else sounds good. Nothing else satisfies. Just chocolate. I’m not going to lie…If I wasn’t so consumed with the number on the scale and how my skinny jeans fit, I would probably be considered as a “chocoholic”. So, after careful consideration of what type of “chocolate” I was going to make this week…because I HAD to have something sweet and chocolatey this week…I decided on some cookies! Chocolate cookies and almond milk are just what what the doctor ordered! Ok, fine. It’s what I ordered!
PLEASE do yourself a favor and go make these babies!!! They’re quite possibly the best cookie I’ve ever made. And who doesn’t love a cookie batter that’s made in a blender?! YEP!!! I didn’t feel like breaking out in a sweat trying to mix this thick batter together, so I pulled out one of my favorite kitchen gadgets and blended away! Crispy on the outside, chewy chocolatey goodness on the inside equals PERFECTION, people!
Yields: 16 cookies
- 1 cup almond butter, make sure it’s thick and not too oily
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Pull out your blender or food processor! Add the almond butter and coconut sugar and blend until mixture comes together.
- Add the egg, blend again.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Blend until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Cookie dough will be thick.
- Transfer cookie dough to a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips. (I used my hands to mix the chocolate chips in, it was easier to me.)
- With a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop out 2 tbsp of dough. I rolled my cookie dough into a ball (see picture below). Don’t flatten them out. Continue process until dough is gone.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies sit on the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Curl up on the couch with your boo, turn on some trashy tv show, and eat your heart out! These babies are DELICIOUS!!!