I made this recipe earlier this week and completely forgot to blog the recipe. “Pregnancy brain” is a REAL thing, y’all! If I don’t write it down, it most likely won’t get done…in a timely manner! This recipe could be made one of two ways. You can either follow my directions below and make muffins OR you could double the recipe and turn it into a bread. Just use a loaf pan and bake it for a lot longer! I love making different breads, but me and the hubby never eat a whole loaf. So, I made muffins in order to prevent waste. Serve these muffins at your next brunch or have some ready for a quick snack… They’re delicious, quick, and super easy to make!
Yields: 9 muffins
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup (1/4 stick) unsalted organic butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted organic butter
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/2-1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the muffin pan with butter or coconut oil, or use a silicone muffin pan.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Set aside while you make the chocolate mixture.
- In a small sauce pan or double boiler over medium-low heat, add the chocolate mixture ingredients. Stir frequently until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the banana batter into the prepared muffin pan, about 1/2 – 3/4 of the way full. As soon as you pour the batter, top 1 tbsp of the chocolate mixture directly on top of the banana batter. Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the chocolate throughout each muffin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean on each muffin. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer each muffin to a cooling rack. Add a little butter to the top of each muffin. Serve these for breakfast, brunch, or a light snack! Store in the refrigerator and they’ll stay fresh longer. Enjoy!