Okay, so these cookies aren’t exactly “Paleo”…BUT…they are gluten free, and even better than that, they’re SO delicious!!! If you love a soft and chewy cookie, you’re going to LOVE these babies! Add whatever nut or dried fruit you like best and please don’t forget the chocolate! I just made these last night and I’m pretty sure we’ll be snacking on these all weekend long!
Give yourself 10 minutes to throw the ingredients together and 10-12 minutes to bake them…THEN…eat them up!!! Your belly will thank you!!! 🙂
Yields: 16-18 cookies, depending on how big you make yours…and…how much of the batter you eat before baking! I can’t help it, I LOVE cookie batter!!! 🙂
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life’s Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside until cookie batter is ready!
- Cream together butter and sugar. (I was lazy and didn’t want to pull out my big kitchen aid, so I used a whisk. Use whatever works for you!) Add the eggs and continue mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt). Whisk together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into butter/sugar/egg mixture. Add the apple sauce and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the raisins, chocolate, and pecans.
- I like to use a small ice cream scooper to measure out my cookies. Feel free to use whatever you prefer!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve! I hope you love these as much as I do!