Today was another one of those days where I refused to go to the grocery store. These days have been happening a lot lately… Sometimes pregnancy makes you super lazy. I have energy when I first get up in the morning, but right about 4:00 every afternoon, my body thinks it’s time to lay on the couch for the rest of the evening. Thankfully I mustered up a little energy and my man came home from work to a home cooked meal. And THAT my friends is all that matters!
This might be one of the cheapest meals I’ve ever made…Seriously! If you’ve got some ground beef, cabbage, and turmeric on hand, you’ve got just about everything you’re going to need for a super quick and flavorful dinner! Get your veggies chopped up real quick and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (or a little less if you don’t like too much heat)
- 1 small head of organic cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sesame oil. Let this get super hot, then add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and continue cooking until completely browned. Add the turmeric and cayenne. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the cabbage, stir it into the beef mixture, and cover with a lid. This will help the cabbage cook a lot faster. Once the cabbage has started to wilt, add salt and pepper to taste. About 5 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add the cherry tomatoes.
- Plate it up in a pretty bowl! If you feel like you need some carbs, serve this with some baked Naan bread…it’s delicious!