YES! It’s been almost one month since I’ve last blogged. I feel like such a slacker. I’m trying really hard to get back on the ball and come up with some new recipes, but as of late, I would rather sleep than do anything. Here I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and all I want to do is SLEEP! Clearly, I haven’t been sleeping, but after a trip back home and a week with my best friend in town, I’ve been lacking motivation and creativity.
Although I’m lacking in a few areas, it doesn’t stop me from craving something sweet to eat! If you’re needing something sweet and chocolatey THIS delicious cake will curb your appetite and fix the craving immediately! It’s super easy to make and makes your kitchen smell like a bakery!
Yields: 1 bundt pan, 10-12 slices
- 3/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic non-sweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with butter or nonstick spray. Set pan aside.
- Get out your kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment…OR…your handheld mixer and a large bowl! Add all of the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until you’ve used up all of the dry. Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds to make sure all the lumps are out.
- Add the batter to the bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip it onto a pretty plate! Slice it, serve it with ice cream or berries, and eat it up! If for some reason you don’t eat it all in one sitting, store the cake in your refrigerator.