If you love gingerbread cookies, I’m pretty sure you’re going to love these cookies just as well! It’s a thin, crispy, yet chewy at the same time cookie with lots of ginger and cranberries that I absolutely love! I’ll be honest, if you’re not a fan of ginger, you’re probably not going to like these. If you’re a ginger lover like me, you’ll love them and want to eat the whole plate! Take these to your next holiday party… I’m sure they’ll be a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp organic cane sugar for rolling cookie batter in, optional
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet; set aside for later use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, or using a handheld mixer, with a whisk attachment beat together butter and sugar. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and fresh ginger and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little bit at a time. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Use a spatula to mix in the cranberries.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop one rounded tsp of chilled dough and roll into a one inch ball. If you want your cookies to have a little sparkle, roll the balls into organic cane sugar.
- Place the balls on a lined cookie sheet with parchment paper. Leave room for cookies to spread out. I only put 9 cookies at a time.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crispy. Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Pour yourself a cup of coffee or a big glass of milk and enjoy!!