Happy New Year! This is my first blog of 2016 and I’m super pumped! Ever since my precious baby girl arrived in September, I’ve had the hardest time getting motivated to do anything EXCEPT hold and love on her constantly. Now that she’s almost 4 months old, we’re finally getting ourselves in a better routine with SLEEPING, eating, exercising (again), and just overall life in general. I’ve been back in the kitchen cooking and trying to create some yummy recipes for some time now, but I’ve had the hardest time getting things written down and organized. I feel like my multitasking abilities are just not where they used to be. Maybe I’ll try to make this a new priority in the new year?! 🙂
There are very few muffins out there that I don’t like and these are no exception! They’re super easy and quick to make…and a lot healthier than most muffins you could buy in the store. They’re perfect for breakfast, a fun brunch, or just something to snack on throughout a busy day. So, do yourself and your family a great big favor and make you some!!!
Yields: 10 muffins
- 3 organic bananas, 2 mashed and 1 chopped
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 10 strawberries, fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray OR use muffin wrappers.
- Pull out your blender and blend ALL of the ingredients together EXCEPT the strawberries and one banana.
- Once the batter is blended, stir in the chopped strawberries and banana.
- Evenly divide the batter into your muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done. Do the toothpick test if needed to check the middle.
- Eat warm with a little pat of butter on top! They’re delicious! Store in the refrigerator if you have any leftover.