Ummmm….This Honey-Garlic Chicken might be one of my favorite new things I’ve made in quite sometime. It’s a little sweet and a little tangy. When cooked just right, the sauce makes this perfect glaze on the chicken. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE chicken with a glaze. LOVE IT! I did cook this with the skin on. This part is completely up to you. I just think the skin keeps the chicken so much more moist when left on and my hubs prefers the skin too… Do as you please!
If you decide to do skin-less/bone-less it’ll cook a lot quicker too… It could seriously be like a 20 minute meal! Go pour yourself a glass of wine and try this recipe out!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp honey (or whatever kind of sweetener you prefer)
- 4 tbsp organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2-1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs chicken, bone-in, skin-on; whatever cut you like best.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped – optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash and pat dry the chicken. Season both sides with salt and pepper. In a cast iron skillet heat up the olive oil on med-high heat. Add the chicken skin-side-down and let it brown for about 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and put it in the oven. Let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the garlic, Italian seasoning, honey, sugar, coconut aminos, ginger, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside for a few.
- When your chicken has about 5, maybe a little shy of 10 minutes left, top the chicken with the sauce. Let the chicken continue to cook until it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees. Watch it carefully. The sauce could burn if it cooks for too long.
- When your chicken comes out of the oven, garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite sides! Easy breezy and delicious!!!