Every year at Christmas my family plays “Dirty Santa”. Seriously, we have SO much fun playing this! We have a $20 minimum for whatever you want to buy and usually everybody brings something good! This year my mom had the most fantastic idea for her present… A SPIRALIZER!!! I’ve been wanting one for the longest time, so naturally I took measures into my own hands to make sure I GOT THAT SPIRALIZER!!!
I got it and I can honestly say, it’s my new FAVORITE kitchen toy! I made this recipe last week and I’ve made a couple other little recipes with some “zoodles” (zucchini noodles). I don’t know why I didn’t get one of these a long time ago?! If you don’t have one…do yourself a favor and go get one!!!
This recipe is super easy to make and I had a ton of fun making zoodles! Oddly enough, it was a stress reliever for some reason?! Not to mention zoodles are so much healthier for you in comparison to pasta. This meal is super healthy, low in fat, and full of flavor!
Yields: 2-4 servings
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3-4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 organic zucchinis, spiralized
- 2-4 carrots, spiralized
- 1 small sweet potato, optional, spiralized
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
Choice of meat – salmon, chicken, or steak cooked however you prefer!
- Get your veggies spiralized, sliced, and minced! Set aside.
- Throw all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl, stir it well, and set aside.
- Decide what type of meat you want with this (IF you want meat). Start cooking your meat to your preference.
- When your meat is about 5-7 minutes away from being done start with your veggies. In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add some fat to the pan and get it hot.
- Add the garlic and onion…saute until translucent. Add the ginger. Saute for a minute or two. Now add the veggies. I don’t like mushy veggies. I let mine cook for maybe 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce on top of the veggies and stir it up really good with some tongs. (DON’T FORGET ABOUT YOUR MEAT!)
- Plate it up, top it with the meat, garnish it with something to make it look pretty, and devour this meal!