We love Indian food around here! Actually, we love just about any food in general… BUT…when it can be made super quick, I love it even more! My evenings making dinner have recently changed to feeding my baby girl all while chopping veggies and cooking dinner at the same time.
One bite, one chop, or one stir; repeat!
She loves to be up on the counter with me watching me cook and chewing on a spatula. I have to tell you, I wouldn’t have it any other way! She is pure joy and I LOVE her company in the kitchen with me! So, instead of spending hours in the kitchen making some of our favorite dishes, I’ve been working on turning these into less-time-consuming-dishes. It makes life easier and makes more time for us to spend together in the evenings when my hubby gets home from work. Who wants to spend 2 hours making Tandoori Chicken when you can make it in 30 minutes instead?!
Here’s my Stove Top Tandoori Chicken! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken; breast or thigh
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup half and half or full-fat coconut milk from the can
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of water OR chicken stock (4 cups) cook the chicken until completely cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, put all of your sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done, shred it with two forks.
- In a large skillet, add some fat to the pan on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent. Add the chicken and stir together.
- Pour the sauce on top and let it cook through for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on top of white rice or cauliflower rice.
- Don’t forget your glass of wine!