I’m a BIG FAN of one-pot meals! I’m an even bigger fan of getting supper on the table in less than 30 minutes! This meal is just that. One-pot, super simple, and completely ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Get your veggies chopped up and ready to go first thing and it makes this an even quicker meal to fix.
Feel free to use whatever ground meat you love most. I had turkey, so that’s what I used! And don’t be shy with your veggies! Add all of your favorites. I always try to add the most colorful veggies and herbs to all of our meals. In Culinary school, we were taught that people always eat with their eyes first. If it looks pretty, most likely, it’s going to taste good too!
Be on the look-out for more one-pot meals! Since the birth of our precious baby girl, I’ve been making LOTS of them! 🙂 Cheers to happy and healthy eating!
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp fat (I like to use equal parts of olive oil and butter)
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup portobella mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 2 big handfuls of kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 big handful of cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- couple dashes of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat up the fat on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Next, add the ground turkey and cook until you see no more pink.
- In the mean time, throw all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir together. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the turkey mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauce to the skillet. Stir everything together well.
- Right before you’re ready to serve it, add the kale and cilantro. Be careful not to let the kale wilt too terribly much.
- Serve on top of some white rice or cauli-rice. Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy a quick and super simple meal!