I have FINALLY jumped on the “Cauli-Rice” bandwagon and I’m not sad about it. I wasn’t too sure how I was going to like this…as I’m not a big fan of cauliflower at all unless it’s smashed like a potato and smothered in butter and cream. Oh, but this!!! This little side dish is SO much healthier and it’s filled with lots of colorful veggies . Y’all know I like to eat the rainbow. There’s something about the sesame oil that gives it that fried rice taste that I LOVE. AND to make things even better, you can buy the cauliflower already ‘riced’ (freezer section) so now you don’t have to worry about getting cauliflower all over your kitchen when you rice it yourself! I’ll definitely be making this on a regular basis and I hope you do too! 🙂
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 – 12 oz bag frozen organic cauli-rice
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once it’s hot add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Next, add the carrots and bell pepper. Cook another few minutes. Now, add the cauli-rice and peas.
- Stir all of the veggies together really well. In the middle of the pan create a little well and add the sesame oil. Let the sesame oil get hot for about 30 seconds before you stir it into the veggies. It smells SO good to me!
- Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low until you’re ready to serve. Right before serving add the fresh herbs and green onions.
- Voila! A perfect side dish to any meal!