That awkward moment when…. you accidentally make a vegan meal and forget to pull meat out of the freezer for the hubs. BUT… he likes the meal AND… he got FULL off of said meal…You document THE MEAL!!!!You may be thinking HOW does one “forget” to pull meat out of the freezer for your husband? Well… when you have a toddler getting into EVERYTHING while you’re trying to cook, clean, and do laundry all at the same time…it’s quite easy. The moral of the story is this: You’re going to LOVE this meal. Yes, it’s vegan. Yes, it’s super delicious. AND yes, you WILL GET FULL. 🙂
I served this on top of spinach and rice with a little side salad. It was perfect!
Lentil and Chickpea Curry
Forget the meat and go VEGAN for a night with this yummy Lentil and Chickpea Curry!!!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup red lentils, washed and drained
- 1 – 15 oz can organic coconut milk, stir well before adding
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 – 3 tbsp yellow curry (the more, the spicier!)
- 1 – 15 oz can organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), washed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped cashews, green onions, tomatoes, fresh parsley and cilantro
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once it’s hot add the onion. Let the onion cook 3 – 4 minutes then add the carrot. Cook for a couple minutes then add the garlic and ginger. Cook another couple of minutes.
- Next, add the coconut milk, broth, and curry. Whisk the curry in so there are no lumps. Then add the lentils and cover with a lid. Let the lentils cook for 20 minutes.
- Right before the lentils are done cooking add the chickpeas. Add some parsley and cilantro for color (if you want!).
- Serve on top of rice. EAT!!!