I desperately needed something new to eat for breakfast this morning. I’m creature of habit, but could not eat one more piece of toast with almond butter. So, THIS was concocted!
My little love, Gaby ate TWO BOWLS of it and a couple handfuls of granola this morning. I would say it was hit for both of us. I will admit it’s not the quickest breakfast to make if you’re using steel cut oats. But if you’ve got the time – I highly recommend it! Or maybe make it at night, refrigerate it, and heat up on the stove the next morning?! Boom! Great idea!!
Peaches and Cream Steel Cut Oats
My favorite Peaches and Cream Breakfast!
- 1 – 15oz can organic coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup organic steel cut oats
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
- Granola for garnish, optional
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the milk and water. Whisk in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring milk mixture to a boil on medium-high heat, then add the oats. Let them boil 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let it cook until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir the oats often so it doesn’t stick on the bottom. This takes about 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the oats are done, add most of the peaches. I saved some for garnish.
- Spoon the oats into a pretty bowl and garnish with peaches and granola.