We LOVE some Thai food around here! For me, I enjoy making it at home versus going to a restaurant… but that’s just me! This dish is super delicious and really quick to make once all of the veggies are chopped up. I will warn you…When you make this dish your house WILL definitely smell like a Thai restaurant. I started making this while Omar was at the gym one night this week. When he came back in, he swore the hallway and elevator smelled just like a Thai restaurant. Which means a couple of things. One – our neighbors really hate me. Or two – they’re super jealous of our deliciousness going on over here! Haha! Let’s hope it’s number two!
Now. Go throw out your take-out menus. Make this meal for your special someone!!!
Thai Pineapple Veggie Peanut Bowl
Throw out your take-out menus! This is a perfect and healthy meal that will leave you happy and satisfied!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Garnish: chopped cilantro, peanuts, green onions, optional
- 3 – 4 cups white rice or coconut rice
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli. Saute for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, ginger, and pineapple. Saute for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add as much (or as little) Thai Peanut Sauce to the veggies. I added a couple of spoonfuls. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little vegetable broth to thin it out.
- Divide the rice into two bowls. Top the rice with the veggie/pineapple mixture. Garnish with another drizzle of the Thai Peanut Sauce, chopped cilantro, green onions, or chopped peanuts.
PS. Yes, I realize I called this recipe Thai Pineapple Veggie Peanut Bowl and did not put it in a bowl… Sometimes I have a major blonde moment, people. I apologize. Let’s just pretend it’s in a bowl, k?! 😉