HELLO, SEPTEMBER!!! It’s officially my favorite time of the year. Well, my favorite time of the year when I lived in a state that changed seasons that is. I love everything about the fall… breezy days, colorful trees, pumpkin-spiced everything and apples!!! Let’s not forget about soups, hoodies, FOOTBALL and BOOTS. If only I could wear hoodies and boots in Miami. *Insert sad face* For me, it gets me in the mood for the holidays…which let’s not forget are right around the corner!!! 🙂
I’m getting pretty excited about the holidays this year. Gaby’s about to turn TWO and I think she’ll really enjoy the whole Christmas experience this year. I’m already thinking about her presents and traditions I want to start with her. I’m going to be honest and say, 2017 hasn’t been my most favorite year. There have been a few ups and a whole lot of downs that have kept us on a constant roller coaster for far too long. I’m ready for a new year. New beginnings. A fresh start. And new adventures!
In order to get me through the next few months… I need THESE waffles!!! And quite frankly, so do YOU!!! 🙂 As always, they’re super easy to make and I’m almost certain that you’re going to love them and want to make them year round… Now. I did test this recipe out with TWO different flours. I used an organic all-purpose flour and an organic gluten free all-purpose flour. Both turned out beautifully. I will say I did have to add a little more milk to the batch with the GF flour. Other than that – perfection! If you have leftovers all you have to do is throw the waffles on a sheet pan in a 300 degree oven and let them warm up again!
A perfect fall morning breakfast!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour OR gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- garnish with maple syrup and berries, optional
- non-stick spray or melted coconut oil for the waffle iron
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and preheat the waffle iron.
- Measure out the milk and add the apple cider vinegar to it; set aside for a few.
- In a big mixing bowl add pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk together.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice to the pumpkin mixture. Then whisk in the milk mixture. Whisk everything together until there are no lumps.
- Spray down the waffle iron and ladle in the batter. Repeat until the batter is gone. After each waffle has cooked, lay it on a sheet pan and keep it warm in the oven.
- Garnish with maple syrup and berries… EAT!!! Happy Fall, Y’all!!! 🙂