Have you ever had one of those weeks where no matter how many cups (pots) of coffee you drink you just can’t seem to find any energy? Well, welcome to my week! I feel like I could sleep for days. I don’t know if the stress of evacuating Irma last week has caught up to me or what, but I will tell you this: I’M SO OVER THIS FEELING OF NO ENERGY. I have a toddler and a husband that keep me on the go…unless they’re sleeping…And I need to be able to keep up with these two. ANY advice on finding some much needed energy would be FANTASTIC!Now, if you’re in need of a super delicious and quite easy to make 1 serving meal, I’ve got you covered. I know, I know, I know… WHO only makes a meal served for just 1? Well, I do from time to time when I really want a sweet potato. My hubs hates sweet potatoes and I love them. He was at work. I was home and hangry. (Hangry: hungry/angry because all I want to do is sleep.) So, I made a 1 serving recipe. Because let’s be honest – nobody wants to eat leftover scrambled eggs, right?! No. Eggs are not good leftover.
Let’s talk about this recipe… IF you need more than 1 serving of this just double (or triple) the recipe! BOOM!!! See how easy that was to fix!!! Now, I don’t like to use a microwave or cook my food wrapped in foil. SO… Cooking the potato will take a little while depending on how big your potato is. Don’t frown. It’s going to be well worth the wait! If you use a microwave, knock yourself out and cut the time in half if you choose. OR… cut the potato in half and bake it cut-side-down and it will cook a lot quicker. I like to lather my potato in olive oil and sprinkle the outside of it with salt and pepper. Clearly, this is your choice – do as you please! The sky is really the limit here, people. If you want to add some crumbled up bacon or sausage, do it! Add whatever veggies you love most. It’ll be DELICIOUS and your family will be begging you for more! Gaby ate half of mine and screamed, “Mo eggggggssss, mama!!!” until it was all gone. She’s seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. (Said the very unbiased mommy.)
Alrighty, I’m off to make myself workout in hopes it puts me in better spirits! Have a wonderful day! 🙂
Scrambled Eggs Stuffed Sweet Potato
I've never met a potato that I didn't like! This is a perfectly delicious breakfast, lunch or brunch you are going to LOVE!
- 1 medium size organic sweet potato (or regular baking potato if you don’t like sweet potatoes)
- a little pat of butter
- 2 eggs
- a splash (1 – 2 tbsp) milk, dairy or nondairy
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 – 2 tbsp minced purple onion
- sliced green onions and chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the potato on a parchment-lined sheet pan until fork tender. Depending on the size of your potato, this will take about 35 – 45 minutes. Have a mimosa or cup of coffee while your potato is baking.
- About 10 minutes before your potato is done grab a skillet and put some heat on that bad boy! I like to scramble my eggs on medium-low heat. Add a little pat of butter to the pan and let it melt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Add the eggs to the pan and slowly scramble them. I added a little onion and tomatoes to the pan too. This is optional. If you cook your eggs on low and slow, they’ll be fluffy and so delicious!
- Once your eggs are scrambled your potato should be ready. Split the potato in half and squeeze both ends to open it up. I like to season the inside of my potato with a little S&P. Top the potato with the scrambled eggs, garnish with the onion, tomato, green onions and cilantro.
- Pour yourself another mimosa (or cup of coffee) and stuff your face!!! 🙂