Omar LOVES Thousand Island dressing. Like never wants any other kind of dressing kind of love. When I went to the grocery store this week, they were out of his favorite kind….. SO, instead of disappointing him and drizzling a little olive oil and lemon juice on top of his salad, I decided to MAKE him his favorite dressing. #husbandpleaser 😉 To be perfectly honest, I think homemade tastes SO MUCH BETTER than store bought! I know, I know. Buying store bought is much easier and quicker AND you can buy organic dressings at most grocery stores now if you’re into that like me! But…when you see just how easy it is to make this dressing at home, I’m pretty sure you’re going to do what I’m doing and you’re going to ditch the store bought junk and make it at home! For me, it’s a no brainer to take an extra 5 minutes while making dinner and know exactly what I’m putting on the table and in my belly!
I hope you love this dressing as much as Omar did! <3
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup organic (vegan OR non-vegan) mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade (read the ingredients list and make sure there’s no garbage if you buy store bought!)
- 4 tbsp organic ketchup
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1.5 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw everything into a bowl. Stir it up. Taste it. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Drizzle on top of your favorite salad. EAT!!!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.