What is it about fall time, no matter where you live, that makes your body crave comfort foods?! Soups, stews, chili…MUFFINS!!! Warm and cozy foods that make your belly so happy (even in 85 degree weather)! Well, if you love pumpkin AND chocolate you NEED to go make these little beauties ASAP! 🙂 These muffins are so fluffy, full of flavor and super moist. How can you get any better than that?! YUM! All you need is ONE BOWL and a muffin tin… and about 30 minutes later you’re going to have these little beauties waiting on you to take a big bite! The ingredients for these are super simple. I’m quite sure you’ve already got everything you’ll need on hand. I made these with an organic all purpose flour. I haven’t tested this recipe out with a gluten free all purpose yet, but I really see no reason as to why they wouldn’t work if you don’t want the gluten. These are indeed vegan!
Enjoy your day with a super delicious pumpkin muffin! <3
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins
A perfect fall like, vegan muffin that is perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed plus 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp organic canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder (no aluminum)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 cup organic all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed and water in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla to the egg mixture and stir together.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt and flour to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. If your batter looks too thick, add a splash of almond milk.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared liners about 3/4 full. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top if you want to!
- Bake for 25 – 28 minutes or until golden and tested with a toothpick.
- Let the muffins rest in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack for cooling. If you have any leftovers, store in an air-tight container or freeze.