Happy Monday, friends! I come to you with a brand new recipe that I’m pretty sure you’re going to LOVE. My gang (Omar & Gaby) and I have been fighting a cold all weekend, but we didn’t let anything stop us from snacking on these babies! 🙂 Cough…Snack…Cough…Snack…Can I just tell you how much I hate having a cold? Worse than me having a cold is my baby girl having it, too. She’s been pitiful this weekend…dark circles under her sweet little eyes, fever, a crazy runny nose, and a cough that we just can’t shake. Needless to say, we haven’t slept a whole lot in the last few days. Princess wanted to sleep with mommy and daddy all weekend which meant mom and dad tried to sleep on two inches of bed while someone stretched herself out across the bed! I think it’s time we invest in a king size bed…. (Cough, cough)
Moving on….Let’s talk MUFFINS. Now, I’m not going to tell you to fib to your loved ones. BUT… I will tell you that I’m pretty sure they’ll never know these muffins are actually HEALTHY and full of carrots, apples, and raisins! OH! And a banana AND oats! Hello, Healthy Muffin! I’m always looking for ways to sneak in some healthy veggies into Gaby’s diet… because lately all the girl wants to eat is pancakes and cereal. She actually ate these muffins and asked for more!
Even better… these are vegan AND gluten free! They’re not dried out veggie muffins either. I hate to use the word moist, but THEY ARE! These muffins are a quick and easy breakfast to have on hand or a yummy snack to have throughout a busy day. If you make them, I’d love to hear your feedback! Here’s to a wonderful week full of healthy eats! <3
Vegan & GF Morning Glory Muffins
Vegan & GF muffins loaded with fruits and veg! These are a perfect quick and easy breakfast or snack throughout the day!
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (1 1/2 tbsp flaxseeds plus 3 3/4 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup very ripe mashed banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely grated apple (1 peeled apple) or unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 heaping cup peeled and grated carrots (about 3 – 4 carrots depending on size)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup 1 to 1 gluten free all purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the flax eggs and let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line the muffin tin with liners or spray it down with non-stick spray.
- Add the banana, maple syrup, and coconut oil to the flax eggs and whisk together.
- Next, add the apple, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk it good!
- Now, add the coconut milk, carrots, and raisins. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add all of the dry ingredients: oats, almond flour, and flour and stir again.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins, filling them all the way to the top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing them. Let them continue cooling on a wire rack. If you try to unwrap them before they’ve cooled, they’ll probably stick to the wrapper! Let them COOL!
- Now, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!