Who needs a little detox salad from all the football food you ate over the weekend?! Me!!! (Hand raised HIGH!) I woke up this morning craving something healthy and decided THIS would be a quick and easy salad full of healthy proteins and fiber that would help get me back on track after a long day of eating junk food. This salad comes together rather quickly and just so you know, the longer it sits, the better it tastes! It’s a perfect way to get rid of any leftovers you may have hanging out in your fridge, too. I had a bowl of leftover quinoa that I desperately needed to find a way to eat so that it didn’t waste. *Insert THIS salad!* Now, if you don’t have leftover quinoa, fear not! Just make some and let it cool on a sheet pan before adding it to this salad. Easy breezy!
You can make this salad as an entree and serve it on a bed of your favorite greens with a piece of meat or fish, or serve it as a side dish with a delicious entree. Boom! Healthy meal at your service! 🙂 Happy Monday, friends!
Mediterranean Bean & Quinoa Salad
A hearty salad full of fresh veggies, healthy fibers and proteins, and tons of delicious flavor! This salad will not leave you hungry!
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cold or at room temp (you don’t want it to be hot. If you need to make some for this recipe, once it’s cooked, lay it out on a sheet pan and let it cool for a bit.)
- 1 – 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried
- 1 – 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and dried
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and ribboned
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, sliced or diced
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- lots of salt and pepper
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix together.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, add all of dressing ingredients and whisk together until it emulsifies OR you can add the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend it all together. Your choice!
- Pour the dressing over the beans, quinoa, and veggies. Stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Serve as a side or eat on a bed of greens as an entree salad.