Kale and sweet potatoes are by far one of my most favorite things to eat. They are rich in wonderful vitamins for your body and super healthy for you. We eat a ton of kale around here… this is one of the many ways we eat it throughout a busy week. Continue reading “Sweet Potato and Kale Salad”
I think I took some of the worst food pictures EVER tonight…please don’t judge me. In my defense, I went to the grocery store way too late in the day, got home, washed all the veggies, put everything away, and had just enough time to make a quick dinner before I passed out from starvation. Okay, that last part was an exaggeration… I was super hungry though.
I’ve been craving a Greek salad for a few days. Why? I have not a clue. As I stood on the dressing and condiments aisle at the grocery store looking for Greek dressing with NO garbage in it, I became infuriated and decided to just go home and make my own homemade dressing without canola oil or soybean oil… and God forbid they not put corn syrup in a dressing. I swear the things they put in our food makes me think they’re trying to kill us all….slowly. In the long run, making your own dressing is really pretty simple and cheaper. So, do yourself a favor and please read the ingredients of what you eat!
Here’s my version a super easy and quick Monday night meal!
Yields: 2 servings
- 4 cups organic romaine, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup purple onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 steaks, your cut of choice, cooked however you like
- avocado for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- Start cooking your steaks…smoke them, grill them, or fire up a cast iron skillet and cook until your desired done-ness!
- While your steaks cook, make the dressing. I have one of those magic bullets that I love making dressing in. Or you can put everything in a blender and blend away until it emulsifies, about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and mix well. Top each salad with steak and avocado. EAT!!!
Underneath the mound of meat and avocado was a delicious Greek salad! Enjoy!